The following requirements and guidelines are used by the NHMA Membership Committee to process applications for membership. A PDF printable Membership Application is available below.
- Completed application form
- Check for full annual dues amount - included with application form
- Applicants with a non-manufacturing SIC code need to recruit two new members with a Manufacturing SIC code (see footnote below Guidelines)
- Membership Committee approval of the application
- The Association’s goal is to attain and maintain a composition ratio of at least 2/3 manufacturing members and 1/3 non-manufacturing members
- Member classification will be determined by their primary SIC code
- There is no restriction on location of member companies
- Non-manufacturing members are expected to help foster an educational environment. Direct selling of products or services to the manufacturing members by non-manufacturers is strongly discouraged
- Non-members who wish to attend a regular Association meeting can attend as a guest .
- Applicant review and approval is the responsibility solely of the Association membership committee.
- Meeting notices are sent out via e-mail. All members are strongly encouraged to ensure that the Association has correct e-mail addresses.
A non-manufacturing organization wishing to join the Association can be granted a provisional membership for up to one year, Board review of continuing membership is based on:
1. The Provisional member recruits at least two new manufacturing members within the one provisional year
2. The Provisional member delivers a unique and valuable contribution as determined by the Officers and Board of Directors.
A printable PDF Membership Application is available below or contact:
New Haven Manufacturers Association
Jamie Scott, Executive Director
- Provide a forum where area manufacturers can get together in the spirit of information exchange and cooperation
- Provide networking opportunities for executives of a diverse group of area business
- Educate our members and provide relevant information through selected speakers during Association meetings
- Bring critical issues to our State legislature and Local Governments through our lobbying alliance with the Connecticut Association of Smaller Manufacturers.
- Promote manufacturing growth and opportunities for Manufacturing companies in New Haven County